Every year the nation decends upon their local bookies or online bookmaker to have a punt on the Grand National, it is almost a rite of passage for the UK public. One thing that people can agree on when it comes to this 4m 3f marathon race, is that it is a gamble on the day and any horse has a chance when it comes down to it. However, using past statistics to rule out horses and help you make decisions has always been the best way to do it in our eyes, and last year we picked out the 2nd & 3rd place horses, only to be foiled by the 66/1 shot. This year we will be looking to go one better.
The statistcal trends that we look for when picking our horses are the following:
– Carrying between 10 and 11 and a half stone
– Between the age of 9 & 11
– Rated above 135
– Had at least one run over the Grand National fences
This narrows the field down to 11 horses, and from these we have picked our stongest fancies which are the following:
- BALTHAZAR KING 20/1
- THE PACKAGE 25/1
- THE RAINBOW HUNTER 33/1
– Paddy Power are offering all customers who sign up today and tomorrow if they bet £10 on the grand National, they will instantly receive an extra 4x £5 free bets to wager on the race.
– Bet365 are offering upto £125 cashback for existing customers. If you are having a bet with them make sure you check all the details out on how to claim by clicking here.